I discovered early on in the day that part of my problem came from the tests trying to use the local server as a remote server as well. This was fixed in two ways. First, I got Thursday's problem properly sorted out so that anything happening on the local server would not get sent off to the remote resolver. This meant that it was not possible to make the remote resolver work without running a second server. After stuffing around with the Kowari documentation for a little while, I was able to make a second server run, using the command:
java -Dshutdownhook.port=6790 -ea -jar dist/kowari-1.1.0.jar --servername server2 --rmiport 1299 --port 8081The second part to making it work was trying to get the tests to handle a second server. I'm not sure how I was doing there, as it was going to involve some tricky Ant scripting. In the end I realised that I needed to make it work by hand first.
I built some simple test data which defined some nodes with literal "names" in one model, and some relationships between those names in the other model. A query which tried to get all nodes names for nodes meeting a particular relationship requirement failed, so I went to a simpler query.
The simpler query had a "where clause" pointing at one server, and a single constraint with an "in clause" pointing at the second server. This always returned no data.
Lots of logging code later, and I found that the correct data was being found, but there was a problem with it at the client end. It had the correct row count, but always returned no data when an iterator was used.
Finally I found that I had closed the session too early. This was because there was no other place to close it. After consulting with AM I was told that the transaction code does have to be implemented, and that SR was wrong in thinking that it doesn't.
For the moment I have code that works, but leaves a session open.
Then I tried the more complex query, and a new error showed up. This involved a problem with a "prefix" used in the
beforeFirstmethod used in the join code on the client. This is not code that I know much about, so at the end of the day I had to leave it with AM.