Monday, November 08, 2004

Inverse Resolution
I spent quite a bit of time catching up on miscellaneous paperwork today, so I was less obviously productive than usual. That's a little annoying, as I plan on having the exclude statement working by Tuesday afternoon.

I spent a little more time converting the StatementStoreResolution class into a StatementStoreInverseResolution to do exclusion for the XA statement store. I didn't get the time to finish it, so I will be picking it up again in the morning.

As for handling an inverted constraint, I've been wondering if there should be a method on the resolver interface to test for that capability, or if an exception should be thrown. It seems cleaner to have a method to tell the calling code that it can't pass in an inverted constraint, but the result of that would probably be to throw an exception. So maybe the calling code doesn't need to know ahead of time, and an exception can be thrown by the resolver. That's probably how it's working by default, but I'll check with SR that he is happy with that.

In the meantime I've been writing parts of a paper for the WWW conference in Japan next year. I got a little done on Friday night before I left, and I'll be working on more tonight. It's been a bit difficult with the timing of the triathlon, but now that is done I'll have to concentrate on work and study.

The paper is for Tucana, but hopefully DW will let me put UQ down next to my name as well. That way it is for work and for uni. I just wish I'd had more time to sit down and concentrate on it.

No comments: