Tuesday, November 09, 2004

More Paper
I spent today bouncing back and forth between coding and helping write the paper for WWW 2005 conference, to the detriment of the code. I made some progress with the Resolution implementation, but it was pretty slow. It really needs to be based on a ConstraintNegationTuples, but this class has a lot of things in it that are irrelevant to the new code base, and the constructor takes parameters that don't really work in the new code base either. Unfortunately, rather than concentrating on it I kept getting interrupted to work on the paper.

As for the paper itself, it seems to be coming along well. Initially I was trying to make sure it would be ready for TA and DW before the due time, but then there was an extension to 5pm due to server problems. I find that funny: the WWW is having web server problems. :-)

Basically, the paper just describes the internal workings of Kowari, and some of the work we've been doing. TA likes it overall, but I'm not that satisfied. For a start, I haven't had the time to spend on it that I would like. To my eyes, this really comes out when reading through as there was not enough time to smoothly merge the text that DW and I have written. Consequently, both of us would refer to the same things, only in different contexts. This had the effect of making it feel less structured than I would like, however I may just be extra critical because I wrote some of it.

Through the course of the evening I got to do some more corrections, so quite a lot of time went into this paper today. Ideally I'd have liked to spend more time on it, but over the course of a week or two, particularly given that this is for an international conference. Oh well, hopefully it will get accepted.

Spelling
I've noticed that the spell checker on Blog Spot has died again. I know this should make me do a better job proof reading, but given limited time, I don't think I'll be bothering.

No comments: