Thursday, November 04, 2004

Other Stuff
With Noosa being run on Sunday the 7th I was a bit too distracted to sit down after work on the 4th and 5th to write about my day at work. So once more I'm writing after the fact. This is just a couple of quick notes to remind myself of what I was doing on those days.

TKS Tests
Most of the day was spent on TKS, so I could confirm the distributed query tests. I was led to believe that all our recent work had been moved over and would be running. In particular the Remote Resolver code appeared to be in there, so I figured it should be quite easy.

Instead I discovered that I couldn't build the code at all. After struggling with missing classes, tests I expected to see and couldn't, and configurations which didn't mesh with my understanding of the architecture, I discovered that the recent work had not been moved into TKS yet. TJ suggested I move onto something else.

One misleading aspect of the TKS code was the presence of the Remote Resolver classes. These have only just recently appeared in TKS, and I don't understand why they went in when nothing else has. Now that I think about it, I should look at the CVS log to see who did it, and then I can ask them.

In the meantime, I started looking at implementing exclude on the new codebase. In the course of this I've discovered that all the recent changes to clean up and modularize the constraint resolution code has been left behind in the old system. AN is rather frustrated at this (as am I), but I suppose we need to get the new codebase running and passing all tests before we start bring forward features like this.

No comments: