Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Catching Up
Back from the conference today, and I spent quite a bit of time catching up on email. One of these emails was from ML about how to traverse an RDF list in iTQL. Curious about his use of subqueries I had a go myself, and immediately found an exception.

It turns out that if a subquery is doing a walk using a blank node as the starting point, then Kowari will throw an exception as it tries to localize the blank node. I know that this has worked for me before, so it has left me a little confused. I had to go and meet Bob at this point, so I emailed AN about it.

Masters
Things went well with Bob, and his recommendation at the moment is to stop reading for a bit and concentrate on writing my confirmation. He suggests that if I have any "holes" in my knowledge in the literature review, then I should leave an annotated space for the moment, and come back to it later.

Another suggestion was to write a semantic matrix for the top few papers. This means writing a list of all the things of interest to me, and then describing each paper according to each criteria. Sounds useful, so I'll be drawing something like that over the next few weeks.

SOFA
There wasn't a lot of time at the end of the day, so I just had enough time to get the latest SOFA version and put it into a local CVS project. Creating a CVS project was new for me, and seems a little clunky, but after a discussion with DJ I agreed that it was probably appropriate to create projects that way. The big issue is that we keep a lot of things in separate projects around here rather than separate modules in a single project, which means that we do a lot more project creation than is really common.

I want to write about yesterday's Evolve conference, but I'll have to come back to it.

No comments: