Thursday, August 04, 2005

Recent Break
I haven't written in a while because of my recent trip to the US. Once I got there I was jet-lagged, but still had to get straight into work. Even after the jet-lag wore off, I was spending my days working, and my evenings were also kept very busy (meeting people, reading code and sleeping). I got back last week, but I've been so wrecked that I've avoided spending too much time on the computer. I've managed to get a few things done (mostly some Kowari support), but haven't yet taken the time to blog.

I have a lot to write at the moment. I want to:

  • Document some of what I was teaching in the US.
  • Write about what I learnt at MIND lab.
  • Talk about what I learnt about RDF and OWL over dinner with Jim Hendler
  • Document some of my ideas for storing Java ASTs in RDF (including an API for manipulating the AST, and a dynamic class loader).
  • Talk about some of the questions I've been asked about Kowari, and how certain problems should be addressed.
  • My visit to Chicago and Herzum Software.
  • My future plans for work.
Unfortunately, writing about all of this in one go just seems too intimidating to attempt in one hit. The only way I'll get through any of this material is to take it one piece at a time.

It's late right now, so tonight's entry won't cover anything of significance. I just thought it would be a good idea to write something, simply to make a start. I'm meeting with a couple of people tomorrow, but I should be able to get some time to record something useful.

No comments: