Thursday, May 24, 2007

Disjunctive Logic

Wow. Has it been that long since I last blogged? No wonder people think I've dropped of the face of the earth...

Life has been crazy in the last week. On Friday I spent the whole day with Nicola from UniCal discussing architecture and products, especially OntoDLV. He's a very knowledgeable guy, and it didn't take long for him to set me straight. I also learned a lot about the internal architectural decisions (I knew how it was built, but didn't necessarily know why it was built that way). I also discovered that the apparently non-monotonic behavior which I'd discovered was due to the fact that DLV is non-monotonic by design. Doh!

We didn't leave the office until about 9:30pm, as we wanted to avoid going to work on Saturday morning. That left the guys from Italy with a day to look around Chicago, while I got a day and a half with my family before going to San Jose for the SemTech conference.

No comments: