Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Mulgara Nearly There

After my week off, I got back to find that the release candidate had gone fine, and no one had bugs to report. The only suggestions were some documentation shortcomings.

I fixed those parts of the documentation which were really wrong (like the fact that we only run on Java 1.5 at the moment), but decided to leave alone the documentation for the new resolvers. This is because of the time required to write this, and also because none of the existing resolvers are documented anyway! This is a problem for all resolvers, and needs fixing, but since we put 1.0.0 out without this documentation, I figure it won't kill 1.1.0 to be missing it either.

Consequently, the release is ready, and all the files are in place. I was prepared to announce it, but then David got back from vacation and offered to do a legal review. I can't afford to turn him down on this, so it's sitting and waiting until I hear back from him. Fortunately, he said he can have it done by the end of the weekend.

I'm looking forward to getting some new functionality in Mulgara, so I'll be relieved when this is out of the way.

No comments: