Monday, June 04, 2007

Stats

For those of you who never noticed (and weren't here when I first mentioned it) there's a little icon at the bottom of the right hand column that does some stats on the views of this blog. There's nothing invasive (at least, I don't think so), but it's kind of interesting (and disturbing) to find out if anyone has paid attention to my little ramblings. You can't miss the icon. It looks just like this:


Go ahead, take a look. It's all public info. But I guarantee it's more interesting to me than it is to you. :-)

I find the most interesting part to be the Search Engine queries in the Referrer stats. People end on this blog with all sorts of queries. Frustratingly, I often see people asking questions (like "java file unmap") that I know the answer to, but never wrote in here. That's a shame, as I'd be happy to help, but I guess they don't find what they're looking for and just move on.

However, anyone who actually cares about this blog isn't going to show up in any way, because I hadn't been doing anything with RSS. So last week Chris suggested trying out Feedburner. I'd heard of this, but never looked into it before. So I put a new Feedburner link on my page, and the very next day Google announced that they've bought Feedburner. What weird timing.

Anyway, no one is under any obligation to help me at all. All the same I'd appreciate it if you could replace any existing RSS feed with the new one from the top of this page.

Now I just have to work out if there's some way to make the Feedburner stats public too...

No comments: